Monday, May 28, 2007

Squizz Lives!

Hi there! I'm Ron Turlington, CEO and president of what we humbly think is the greatest soft drink around: Squizz. If this is the first time you've heard of Squizz, don't worry, you're not alone. But we're glad you're here!

You see, we're on the verge of unveiling a new beverage that will, without a doubt, revolutionize the way Americans think about soft drinks, and this blog is our first step into a much larger world. We're excited to begin the conversation with you!

But let me tell you a little bit about myself and my company. I'm what most people might call a soft drink obsessive. (Talk about an understatement!)

Years ago, when I was just a kid growing up in Southern Indiana (more years than I care to admit ;-)), my parents exposed me to more sodas, root beers, egg creams, seltzers and other tasty beverages than perhaps any kid legally should. And it was great. From the Moxies to the Faygos to even the Shastas, I collected every can and bottle I could get my hands on. Still do.

Times have changed and so did I, at least a little. while I still love and appreciate the history of soda, the metabolism isn't what it used to be so I try to maintain a healthy lifestyle, which has curbed my drinking habit a bit. (Basically just means I don't drink the crap stuff anymore!) I got more into all-natural drinks, the lower the sugar and purer the ingredients the better. Ah, who am I kidding, I'll still have my fair share.

As an onta-pa-noor, I've been fortunate enough to travel around the world, meeting lots of interesting people and, more importantly, tasting thousands of interesting beverages.

I found one that absolutely blew my mind just a few months ago. I was somewhere in Southeast Asia (I'd tell you but i'd have to kill you... ha ha) when I had my first taste of what I now call Squizz. I couldn't believe the taste.

A balance of lemon and ginger, with earthy undertones. It wasn't sticky sweet like Coca-Cola or 7UP, but softer and much more refreshing. Texturally a lot like a smoothie but but flavorful in a whole different way. Incredible. It was such an amazing find that I tracked down the makers of this unique drink. It took quite some time, the details of which I'll save for a later post. In the meantime, my Southeast Asian friends and I are about to blow the doors off of the beverage industry:

SQUIZZ LIVES!

Our official launch is later this summer, but I'll be updating this blog (I feel so hi-tech!) many times a week detailing our return to your local supermarkets and vending machines.

Until then, look to the Black Squirrel!

No comments: