Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Why the Black Squirrel?


It's a question I'm often asked: "What's the deal with that black squirrel that's all over your Squizz cans and marketing materials?"

It's a very good question, and one that I wish had an equally good answer for.

I've kicked the question over in my head for some time now and, as much as I hate to demystify things, the truth is there really isn't any one real reason. Maybe it has something to do with my book-learning years spent out at Kent State (Go Flashes!), where I'd spend afternoons lounging on the Esplanade, watching those magnificent creatures (not to mention the occasional co-ed) bound around beneath the trees.

Maybe it's because no one really knows where the black squirrel came from, at least not for sure. I like the mystery of it.

Or maybe it's just because the black squirrel is a rare specimen, an energetic, spriteful little fella that never seems to lose his mojo. Kind of like what happens when you drink Squizz, come to think of it. (Shameless, I know!)

Whatever the case, it's definitely not because of this! Yuck. Oh well. Even when they're bad, black squirrels always seem to leave an impression.

And that's why we're proud to have the black squirrel adorn our brand!

No comments: