Sunday, June 10, 2007

Fighting for the Small Guy

Being in the beverage industry is a lot like getting involved in American politics -- corporate products tend to outspend and ultimately crush the little guys. Look at this announcement, in which PepsiCo has announced it's buying an 80% stake in a Ukraine-based juice company along with the stake it already owns in Glaceau, thtat Vitamin Water company.

It's enough to make a guy like me want to pack it in. Look, I don't belong to pretty much the only other group that offer an alternative to this sad state of affairs (i.e. independently wealthy people, some of whom are well intentioned but most of whom are total assholes), but I've got to believe I can make a difference. And I really do.

That's why I'm going to stand beside others who are fighting for the real guy. Today I'd like to announce that we're submitting Squizz for consideration as the official drink of the "Barack in '08" campaign. We should hear back in a few days, but in the meantime, you can help us out by showing your support for Squizz and writing to Mr. Obama's campaign here.

And don't forget to register to vote!

No comments: